M.A.T.C.H.: mentoring, advising, teaching, coaching, consulting, helping
MATCH is the collective name for the professionals who provide individualized support to early childhood and afterschool professionals and programs in Vermont.
MATCH Professionals: share common MATCH Knowledge and Competencies (booklet).
- MATCH Registry: an online platform to find and link qualified MATCH professionals. Also a source for data and evaluation. COMING January 2018
- NEW! 2017 MATCH Training Modules: The Art of MATCH: Skillful Mentoring and Coaching is a series of 11 training modules offered once a month, regionally, for MATCH professionals working in Vermont. They are based on the MATCH Knowledge and competencies. Learn MORE and Register COMING SOON: Wonderful World of MATCH: a training module just for those who want to be mentors, coaches or consultants, or those who supervise other professionals.
- NEW! MATCH Tool Box of resources for mentors, coaches and consultants working with early childhood and afterschool programs and professionals.
- MATCH committee oversees outreach, integration, and evaluation of the MATCH system
Who are MATCH professionals ? They may be –
- an educator providing behavioral coaching to an infant teacher
- a business expert providing budgeting skills to a director
- a professional providing guidance to another family child care provider about how to create an Individual Professional Development Plan, or apply for program accreditation
- a nurse providing health consultation to a site manager
- a seasoned teacher in a public school mentoring a first year teacher
- a mental health consultant guiding a home visitor to work with both a family and child together
- a consultant helping a program director understand the Environmental Rating scale or apply for STARS
They work with MATCH Clients: programs or professionals who use mentors, coaches or consultants to solve problems and increase quality of services to children and families
MATCH Sponsor Organizations or Agencies: offer professional mentoring, coaching, or consulting services to the early childhood or afterschool field. Each organization signs an agreement with Northern Lights to connect to the MATCH Registry, and have the MATCH professionals they host join the MATCH Registry.
- VT Afterschool – support afterschool programs
- VT Child Care Industry and Careers Council – Child Care Apprenticeship mentor/supervisors
- Prevent Child Abuse and Neglect mentors
- VT Birth to Five Mentors
- VAEYC Quality project mentors
- VT Agency of Education – Early MTSS (multi-tiered systems of support) coaches
- VSArts coach/instructors who work in child care programs
- Regional Head Start sites that provide mentor-based coaching to their staff and affiliated programs