- Are beginning to work in the field of early childhood (birth-age 8) and particularly in child care
- Have taken child development courses in high school or a regional technical center, but not take the Fundamentals course before
- Have worked in the early childhood field for a long time but have not taken a college course in child development, earned a CDA, or applied for any Northern Lights career level certificate
Successful completion of the Fundamentals Course can:
- Meet the education requirement in the Vermont child care licensing regulations for Teaching Assistant
- Meet the education requirement for a Level I Career Ladder Certificate.
- Lay a good foundation to obtain the CDA credential and a Level II Career Ladder certificate
- May be used toward college credit at some colleges. Learn more about the Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) process to translate successful completion of the Fundamentals Course into college credit