Bright Futures Information System (BFIS) Course Calendar
Hundreds of professional development opportunities (such as workshops, classes and conferences) are listed and updated regularly in the statewide Bright Futures Information System (BFIS) Course Calendar. You can find the Course Calendar link directly from the bottom of Bright Futures Information System website page.
Here is a step by step Course Calendar Tutorial .
There are many ways to search the Course Calendar for upcoming classes and workshops.
- always start by typing in the dates you want to search, after Session Dates From and To.
- Knowledge Area drop down box helps you search for specific types of training; select general topics, target audience, training format and more.
- search by Hour Type (college credit or not)
- search by Location (it will also show you miles away from your target location)
- other search options include: Title, Sponsor, and Region
In the drop down choice, always select Starts with or Contains to include what you want.
Once your search is complete, scroll down to see a list of upcoming classes and workshops you can browse and sort. The bar above the list lets you sort the the list in different ways. When you click on Details you will find additional information such as how to register, fees, the instructor, and who to contact for more information.
The Bright Futures Information System (BFIS) is a data management system designed and operated by the Child Development Division of the Department for Children and Families. Northern Lights Career Development Center is charged by the Child Development Division to help people to use the professional development tools in BFIS. Northern Lights verifies and enters completed training and coursework into professionals’ BFIS Quality and Credential accounts.