Level II Portfolio is one option to reach a Level II certificate on the Career Ladder.
- already have at least 480 hours working (volunteered or paid) with young children in groups and are currently working with a group of young children, preferably in a program regulated by the Vermont Child Development Division;
- have accumulated at least 125 hours of professional development (training or coursework) that is well documented and covers the five Core Knowledge Areas;
- are organized and comfortable with writing, details, collecting and preparing paperwork;
- can work independently and persist in a project in all its requirements;
- use the Northern Lights website and other online resources
- Do not or cannot plan to pursue a CDA or take college course work related to the early
care and education field
The pages below are OPTIONAL and could help you with a Portfolio Notebook:
There are three sections you will need to complete for your Level II Portfolio, detailed below. Click on the UNDERLINED documents below to open and print the documents that must be submitted with your portfolio. Once a portfolio is submitted to Northern Lights, the portfolio review process evaluates whether an individual has the documented training and skills to meet the requirements for a Level II certificate. Level II Portfolio checklist helps you organize what you need to include in the portfolio.
|A) Professional Documents||Level II Professional Documents list and detail||Level II Portfolio Review: Application|
|B) Documentation of competency by Core Knowledge area||Level II Portfolio: Documentation Detail guidance on what you need to write or collect for your portfolio||Level II Portfolio checklist|
|C) 125 hours of Training Documentation in 5 Core Knowledge areas||(see page one of Training Grid document)||Level II: Training Grid with documentation of completed training hours|