Early Childhood Summer Institute is July 24-27, 2017 on the Campus of Castleton University
WHO: Early Childhood Educators (birth through grade 3) working in public schools, private early childhood and after-school settings and the administrators who support them.
WHAT: choose to take a three-credit undergraduate & graduate course designed to deepen knowledge and practice and assist in obtaining or renewing licenses and endorsements. Topics include:
- early literacy (Building Blocks):
- science in the early years:
- family and community engagement;
- trauma sensitive practices;
- promoting social and emotional competence (early MTSS);
- financial and legal issues for early childhood programs;
- supporting children who are dual language learners;
- issues in special education;
- advanced child development;
- curriculum development birth to grade 3, emphasis on STEM, place based and nature education.
HOW: Cost is $145 basic registration; plus $ 375 for 3 credit course. Scholarships available for eligible students from: TEACH, your employer, CDD tuition grants, VSAC non-degree grants
If you want to stay over night at the college, the cost is $ 320 total room and meals package for the 4 days. Families are welcome to join you (please find your own child care)
For guidance selecting courses or applying for financial assistance contact: Cheryl.W.Mitchell@gmail.com