MATCH: mentoring, advising, teaching, coaching, consulting, helping
MATCH was created in 2010 as the name for the professionals who provide individualized support to early childhood and afterschool professionals and programs in Vermont.
Many professionals – those who receive and those who provide MATCH services- have come together since then, to design a system that will integrate this customized support into the early childhood and afterschool professional development opportunities and program quality.
We know there are many people already in Vermont working as mentors, consultants, coaches and advisors. Just some of these are:
- Mentors for Quality – supporting afterschool programs
- Child Care Apprenticeship mentor/supervisors
- Regional Resource Development Specialists
- Building Blocks for Literacy mentors through the Stern Center
- Children’s Integrated Services child care consultants
- Staff of state-wide organizations, like Northern Lights, who provide career advising and technical assistance
- And many more
The goals of the development of the MATCH system are to:
- Help early childhood and afterschool professionals find qualified MATCH professionals that can meet their individual and program needs.
- Recognize and develop MATCH professionals.
- Develop an online MATCH Registry.
- Offer consistent standards and related training for MATCH professionals in Vermont, to ensure quality practices. We envision competencies for MATCH professionals with related training modules.
- Integrate MATCH professionals into the current system of regulations, incentives, rewards and evaluation for both individuals and programs. This will continue to enhance quality services for children, families and for early childhood and afterschool professionals too.
Watch this webpage for further information!