M.A.T.C.H.: mentoring, advising, teaching, coaching, consulting, helping
MATCH is the collective name for the professionals who provide individualized support to early childhood and afterschool professionals and programs in Vermont.
MATCH Professionals: share common MATCH Knowledge and Competencies (booklet).
- MATCH Registry: an online platform to find and link qualified MATCH professionals. Also a source for data and evaluation. COMING January 2017
- NEW! 2017 MATCH Training Modules: The Art of MATCH: Skillful Mentoring and Coaching is a series of 11 training modules offered once a month, regionally, for MATCH professionals working in Vermont. They are based on the MATCH Knowledge and competencies. Learn MORE and Register COMING SOON: Wonderful World of MATCH: a training module just for those who want to be mentors, coaches or consultants, or those who supervise other professionals.
- NEW! MATCH Tool Box of resources for mentors, coaches and consultants working with early childhood and afterschool programs and professionals.
- MATCH committee oversees outreach, integration, and evaluation of the MATCH system
Who are MATCH professionals ? They may be –
- a business expert providing budgeting skills to a director
- a nurse providing medication administration consultation to a site manager
- an educator providing behavioral coaching to an infant teacher
- a professional providing guidance to another family child care provider about how to create an Individual Professional Development Plan, or apply for program accreditation
- a seasoned teacher in a public school mentoring a first year teacher
- a mental health consultant guiding a home visitor in working with families and children together
- a consultant helping a program director understand the Environmental Rating scale or apply for STARS
They work with MATCH Clients: programs or professionals who use mentors, coaches or consultants to solve problems and increase quality of services to children and families
MATCH Sponsor Organizations or Agencies hire, contract or host mentors, consultants or coaches to work with others
- VT Afterschool – Mentors for Quality support afterschool programs
- VT Child Care Industry and Careers Council – Child Care Apprenticeship mentor/supervisors
- Prevent Child Abuse and Neglect mentors
- Children’s Integrated Services – child care consultants
- VT Birth to Five Mentors and VAYC Quality project mentors
- Agency of Education – Early MTSS (multi-tiered systems of support) coaches
- Individual public schools – consultants and mentors working with public school teachers
- VT Department of Health – Child Care Wellness Consultants – Nurse and wellness consultants to child care
- VSArts coach/instructors who work in child care programs
- VT Community Loan Fund – Project Success business consultants
- state-wide organizations, like Northern Lights, who provide career advising and technical assistance
- And many more